Friday, January 7, 2011

Music Through Wizard101

Ah.... Music. When you  first logged into Wizard101, you were probably likely to have music playing through your computer speakers/earphones. Maybe you liked it that way and it stayed like that for a while. Maybe you hated it and turned it off the second you heard it. Whatever. I think it's GENIOUS.


I love the music from all the worlds.I wasn't exactly very tolerant of the Celestia/Grizzleheim music, but... It all worked out. I loved hearing it. From the cheery, light music of Wizard City, to the exotic music of Krokotopia, to the eerie MB music and asian-ish (xD) Mooshu music, all the way up to even the epic Dragonspyre music. I listened to it all.


So, a few days ago, I decided to go back to those worlds and listen to all the different music. So I paused Meikyuu Butterfly for once, and decided to turn on the sound in Wizard101.


Holy cheez.  It  felt awesome to finally hear it again. If there was a Wizard101 CD... Filled with all the music, but extended.... That would be epic. Like, super epic. Movie music epic. More epic than DRAGONSPYRE which, in my opinion, is the most epic world Kingsisle could have ever produced for Wizard101.


So... Imagine, what if Wizard101 had no fun, addictive background music? That would be a minus. Even though we all listen to our computer's music and mute Wizard101 all the time, still, I'm pretty sure you guys have hummed the catchy tune that plays in the commons at least once. Come on. Admit it. ;)


Music is a total bonus in Wizard101. Think about it, what did they have to go through to create that wonderful music that plays in every world? Every time they release a new world, they have to make more music and add it into the worlds. Could you possibly imagine how hard it is to create those little brief masterpieces? I mean, first they have to write the music, then get all the people to perform it, record it, add it to the game (HAHA U JUST LOST :P), and probably store it in a file or something for later projects.  I dunno, I'm a kid. I don't know a thing about how Kingsisle works! >.<


But, back on the subject--When you think about it, that music has truly been made by Kingsisle with LOTS of hard effort. A virtual world/MMO without music is just... WRONG. I think that we should acknowledge the effort that goes into that music every once in a while, you know? Or at least, the people who don't really care for the music should.


As you know, I'm obsessed with all of my GOOD memories that are actually WORTH SOMETHING. Can't get enough of those. When I first started playing Wizard101 on my laggy, 3-year-old computer, that was a true golden moment. And I had the music playing, mostly because I liked hearing the music from games back then. And after I created Alia LotusPetal... That first part of the music in the Character Menu, I still remember what I was thinking about it. "This music is AWESOME."


So, heck yea I like to stop and listen to the music in a game before getting tired of it and switching to playlist.com. The tunes get stuck in your head sometimes, which automatically means: (in my opinion xD) that's some pretty addictive music right there.


So, every once in a while, turn up your speakers and unmute Wizard101! Enjoy the awesomeness that Kingsisle has to make EVERY YEAR they create a new world! Doesn't it fit the eerie feel of Newgate Prison, or the mysterious atmosphere of Celestia, even the Asian-influenced music of Mooshu? Take it in, savor it while it lasts. Because, like I always love to say, you've gotta make what you have last, because it may be gone one day.


~The LotusPetal

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I almost never mute Wizard101, and totally agree with you (except with the Dragonspyre bit :P). My favorite is the Floating Lands and some MB tunes, for certain. Go KI!

Kestrel Shadowthistle said...

I always have it muted, because sometimes I watch TV, or listen to music while I play. Besides, I only like the MB music. In fact, I ADORE the MB music, and I sing along in the loudest voice possible when it plays.

Heavy-Duty said...

Definitely on mute.... I pull up a "Playlist" when I play.

Anonymous said...

Hey W101 Addict!

My name is Nelson Everhart and I wrote the music for W101. I stumbled onto your blog and just wanted to say thanks for listening and recognizing all the effort that goes into creating the audio world of the game. It's tough composing 2:00 of music that doesn't get repetitive after 20 or more hours. It's cool that certain world music clicks with some people, while others prefer a different world's music. It was all a blast to write and nice to know most people can find something to like. (-:

thanks again!
nelson

Jasmine EmeraldHeart said...

I only mute when watching something i really like on tv.My favorites are definitely the commons/shopping district music and mooshu's.I am one that yes will whistle along to the music lol.Its catchy and love the asian-y sound of mooshu's music

Jasmine EmeraldHeart-Legendary Theurgist